Old 09-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Rikko

Default Where can I buy some fertilizer tablets in UK?

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 01:01:34 +0100, "TwoBells"
wrote:

hey all

I have read through Jum Kelly's excellant piece titled 'How to Grow
Beautiful Aquarium Plants on a Student Budget' and want to get my hands on
some fertilizer tabs, does anyone know a UK online shop where I can buy some
or even from a garden centre chain perhaps?
Also, any brand name recommendations would be welcome.

Many thanks in advance

Steve Page

Most tabs I've seen are intended for root growth (high Nitrogen, low
everything else? Does that sound right?) and I was never really blown
away.

Root Tabs are one brand we often carry which are really only good for
root growth - sorry I don't recall the manufacturer.

Hagen also makes fert "sticks" that you bury in the substrate - they
go by the name Nutrafin Max Plant Spikes I believe, and come 6 to a
pack. They run around $8CDN. Warning: They contain a pair bit of PO4
and a few people have reported algae breakouts when using them.

I bought a couple of loose tabs by the name of Terropur - I don't know
who makes them but I'm sure they're European. I want to say Tetra but
I can't be certain as I bought mine in bulk.

We also just brought in a new brand of tabs whose name eludes me atm.
Something like "Plant Tabs" (clever, eh?) and I think they are made by
Aquatronics. They have surprisingly high levels of nutrients and are a
very small pill. We have them in a box of 50 for around $10CDN.