Old 09-06-2004, 04:09 PM
The Watcher

Default For Drilling Holes In Tree Stumps

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 15:11:19 -0700, davefr wrote:

I bet there would be less fuel that manages to saturate/permeate
completly thru the stump and finds it's way into the soil and remains
unburnt than the fuel you spill filling up your lawnmower tank!!

I'd take that bet if you'd want to come watch me fill my lawnmower tank. I fill
my tank very carefully, and usually don't spill ANY gas on the deck, much less
on the ground, so I'd say it's a safe bet that I'd put less fuel into the ground
than somebody who deliberately pumped some into a buried tree stump.