Old 09-06-2004, 04:12 PM
axeman chris

Default OT new Harry Potter film

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"axeman chris" wrote in message
snip
In Ontario we had a very short lived tax credit that allowed parents to

send
their kids to religious and/or private schools and receive gov't money

do
this. It took $ directly out of the public system. Thankfully our new
provincial government got rid of that in a hurry. Public school

funding
is
in enough trouble without that sort of nonsense.

The whole voucher program and anything like it, to me, screams, "our

school
suck so let's give up and send them mone elsewhere." I have nothing

against
religion, but I don't want to pay for it.

BV.

It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. The more money you take away, the
worse the school does get. I know proponents of vouchers claim that system
gives all parents & students choice, but tell that to the single working
mother who can't drive/taxi her kid across town to the "good" school.

Jacqui