Old 09-06-2004, 04:21 PM
Kay Easton

Default Rosa rugosa

In article , Rodger Whitlock
writes
On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 15:24:03 +0100, Bella wrote:

A friend is about to move into a house with an open plan front lawn. She is
not allowed to erect a fence around the lawn border, but can use lowish
hedging. We would like to use prickly rosa rugosas and a complimentary plant
to mix in, also with prickles. Any suggestions for the variety of rugosa and
the complimentary plant would be most welcome.

Rosa rugosa is not a "lowish hedging".

What I wonder about is why your friend moved into a place with a
no-fence rule, presumably well aware of it, and then immediately
sets to work to circumvent it? It's like someone buying property
next to a farm for the amenity value (oooh, see the cowsies!) and
then whining about the smell of manure.

Probably because, like most of us who own houses, we can't find all our
requirements at a price we can afford. So we settle on finding the most
important, and work on mitigating the effects of the bits we don't like.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: