Old 09-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Brian

Default magnolia grandiflora goliath - help me please

I'd assumed that given the plant's name, the original question was posed

by
a troll. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

That was my first thought too, Sacha, but then I wonder how seemingly
ignorant beginners can be?. Do we forget that our knowledge was not innate?
I have, at times, wondered if many questions are genuine. As has been said
before, all questions are easy if one has the knowledge and experience.
Many people with new gardens seem to purchase the most inappropriate
plants. Just look in the trolleys leaving a garden centre~~ Knowing their
gardens! The young leaves of M. grandiflora are attractive enough to be
only second to the blooms~and purchased because of their leaves?.
Personally, I am quite used to the most stupid of conclusions reached by
supposedly PG students~~albeit under stress, in haste, and without time for
further reflection. Last year:- " If your parents could not have children
then you will also remain childless" [This was not the first time I had seen
this statement]
"We forget how many of our ancestors died as young children, through
starvation"
This latter quote I initially passed and it only dawned on me some minutes
later!!.
Regards Brian 'flayb' to respond'