Old 09-06-2004, 06:36 PM
David Hill

Default Ooops

".............I planted the bushes in large holes with lots of compost and
watered them well and they seem OK at the mo. Will I get away with it or are
they doomed? ............"

Really there are to many variables to give a definitive answer.
Depends on the nature of your soil.
The dose rate you applied.
The amount of rain/watering after spraying.
Depends if any of the treated soil went into the hole around the roots.

I would be inclined to sink a pipe down to the roots of the plants, use a
trowel and dig a small hole, put in a 3 or 4 inch pipe so that you can water
directly to the roots, that way there is no chance of washing and chemical
that may still be active down to the roots. With luck
Also depends just what product you used, was it Scotts Pathclear gun, or was
it Scotts Pathclear Weedkiller.
They have quite different active ingredients.
I would be inclined to phone Scotts technical dept. tomorrow (Monday) and
get their advice, They are on 01483 410210

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries