Old 09-06-2004, 08:09 PM
Kay

Default grape vine for pergola.

In article , PK
writes

You can do it with a bit of fprwrd planning.... 2*Wisteria trained along
the side timbers of the pergola with all side branches cut back very short.
Grape vine(s) as a green roof in the sun.

Hmm ... I have a pergola with apples trained along the sides and over
the top, and a wisteria crawling along the top of the apples ... adding
a grape vine would be one step too far ... but could I grow a grape vine
up one of the other trees? I not worrying about maximising fruit, but
perhaps getting a little, while at the same time having an attractive
creeper?

--
Kay