Old 09-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Richard Wright

Default Comfrey

I agree, deep roots - but not invasive at all in my Sydney garden.

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 23:32:45 +1000, Terry Collins
wrote:

Once you have planted cmfrey you will never get rid of it -- they have deep,
deep roots which resprout. I've heard they are used to start compost, but (a)
it's no vital and (b) I don't like puttng in a plant with such weed potential.

It could be a problem if you can not dig them out, aka foul hard soil.
You do have to be thorough in collecting the roots. Not hugely invasive
(at least in out garden - sydney). planted 2 and they only sprouted a
third.