Old 09-06-2004, 10:28 PM
Kris

Default Where can I buy some fertilizer tablets in UK?

I can't answer your question, but I am be able to offer you an alternative.

The absolute 'cheapest' set up I had used 4 good full shovels of soil,
straight out of the garden (2" in the tank). A few more full shovels of
pea gravel/drain rock (the stuff found around household window wells,
weeping tiles or under downspouts from the eaves) and finally a bucket
of sand from the playground nearby.

The soil provided more than enough nutrients for about 1 1/2 years,
before I started having to add fertilizer

This was back when I was a starving student, and it worked great.

*sift and clean the sand and gravel thoroughly first*

I should mention that the soil and drain rock did cost me a couple of
bucks - I paid for the batteries for the flashlight, that I used while
digging in the neighbors yard.

TwoBells wrote:
hey all

I have read through Jum Kelly's excellant piece titled 'How to Grow
Beautiful Aquarium Plants on a Student Budget' and want to get my hands on
some fertilizer tabs, does anyone know a UK online shop where I can buy some
or even from a garden centre chain perhaps?
Also, any brand name recommendations would be welcome.

Many thanks in advance

Steve Page