Old 09-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Bill Oliver

Default For Drilling Holes In Tree Stumps

In article ,
The Watcher wrote:

So, let's say I pump 1/2 liter of diesel into a into a 1 meter high 2 meter diameter
stump. I then burn that stump to the ground. How much of that 1/2 liter do you
actually claim will be (a) unburnt and (b) in the ground?

Unknown, but I'd be willing to bet that SOME would. Since one of the reasons I
moved into the country was to live out here, I'd prefer not to pump any diesel
into the ground if I have a choice in the matter. If that means a little more
work with a pick and pry bar, I'll do the extra work.

On what grounds would you bet that some would? My experience has been that
diesel, when exposed to high heat and flame, burns pretty well.

billo