Old 10-06-2004, 12:11 AM
John

Default Riding Lawn Tractor

For that money (actually just slightly more) the John Deere stuff is going
to make you happier than the Craftsman. I'm speaking from my own experience.
I have a 3 year old John Deere that is now the L110 and costs about 1650 at
home depot. It's a 17.5hp Kohler single with a 42 inch deck that mulches,
blows or bags (bagger of course is extra if you want it). I mow about the
same size yard as you and I am very pleased with the mower. Smooth and quiet
for a single cylinder mower. I've owned Craftsman and this is just far
better. It's not going to be like the heavier more expensive JD's but still
a far better product for the money.

John

"Dave R" wrote in message
I am new to this group so I don't know if this subject has been covered. I
would like some opinions on which riding lawn mowers are best for around
$1500. We've been looking on the net at Sears and Lowes and I'm kinda of
going towards Sears. We live in the east and our yard is only about 1/2
acre. I'm disabled so the old push mower must go. Any information would be
helpful. Thanks.