Old 10-06-2004, 05:13 AM
Rick

Default Where can I buy some fertilizer tablets in UK?

"TwoBells" wrote in message
hey all

I have read through Jum Kelly's excellant piece titled 'How to Grow
Beautiful Aquarium Plants on a Student Budget' and want to get my hands on
some fertilizer tabs, does anyone know a UK online shop where I can buy

some
or even from a garden centre chain perhaps?
Also, any brand name recommendations would be welcome.

Many thanks in advance

Steve Page

many people use "Jobes" plant tabs usually the one recommended for ferns
however I have used others. They do work well on plants like Amazon Swords.
One tab should be broken into 3 pieces with one small piece buried deep in
the substrate near the roots. A word of caution on all these tabs, keep them
below the substrate. Be careful if you are vacuuming not to dislodge them as
they normally contain a considerable amount of P04 and you will get an algae
bloom.

Rick