Old 10-06-2004, 09:13 AM
Brian Watson

Default Flippin' deck

"martin" wrote in message
"Flippin' deck
http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/st...231770,00.html
Jane Perrone delights in the demise of a certain garden fad, and has
some advice on putting right its inherent wrongs

Friday June 4, 2004

A blackbird on the wing, taking in an aerial view of an average UK
street, has probably noticed a colour shift in the past five years.
Our once green and pleasant land has been invaded by a hideous scourge
that poses a threat to all that is good about gardening: wooden
decking.

Nonsense. Used appropriately it is fine.

I needed a safe all-weather path system in my garden, so I used decking that
I treated with varnish-type stuff into which sand had been stirred to
improve the grip in wet or icy weather.

It works.

--
Brian
"Stuck down a hole, in the fog, in the middle of the night, with an owl."