Old 10-06-2004, 05:35 PM
Gwenhyffar Milgi

Default My slugs are nuts

Well, I gave up on the spinach and sowed a new set. This time further
apart.

However, I also got a handy tip from someone at the local bootfair
where I buy the herbs that I don't grow myself (they had some lovely
borage and pineapple mint that I couldn't resist), namely orange
peels. In their experience, the slugs love orange peels so much that
they will ignore anything else. So that's something I'm going to try!

In the mean time, we'll be eating lots of salads this summer ggg

--
"My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night
but ah my foes and oh my friends -- it gives a lovely light"