Old 10-06-2004, 06:59 PM
Frogleg

Default magnolia grandiflora goliath - help me please

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 16:56:42 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

"Frogleg" wrote:

To be fair, 'grandiflora' refers to the size of the blooms, not the
tree. (I looked it up :-) 'goliath', however, does seem fairly
obvious.

Agreed but not a lot of small trees have very large flowers on - or not that
I can think of at present! No doubt somebody will come up with a list of
hundreds! 'goliath' is a dead give away. We do find that here, most people
do ask, if in doubt but then there's usually someone around who can help
them. I think one of the problems with some gc's is the 'supermarket'
attitude that is taken. The only person who can actually be found is the
person on the check out.......

Don't you think much of gardening is learning from mistakes? One
starts by thinking "gardening" means putting a seed or plant in dirt
and watching it grow, and moves on from there. Many don't even know to
ask questions, or which questions to ask. If their experience is with
the Big Box stores, they know questions are futile.