Old 10-06-2004, 08:01 PM
Kay

Default Flippin' deck

In article , Frogleg
writes
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 14:01:20 +0100, Kay
wrote:

Frogleg writes

was surprised by the extreme negative article and comments. Decking
is certainly an improvement over mud and boggy spots, making a useful
seating (or walking, as above) area where garden plants are either
difficult to grow or not wanted.

It's also lethally slippery over a large part of the year.

You left out what I quoted mentioning paint with sand specifically
designed to ensure a non-slippery surface.

I did indeed. I wasn't trying to argue against decking in this
circumstance, I was trying to answer your comment that you were
surprised by the negativity, and, knowing that you are american and may
not be familiar with our climate, explain to you where this negativity
comes from.

No one is arguing that all gardens should be replaced by decking. I
was just puzzled by the totally negative tone about the whole concept.

That is precisely what I was trying to explain.

Gardening certainly allows a wide variety of styles. Cottage and
topiary and rock gardens are all reasonable choices. Why not a bit of
decking?

For the reasons I said.

Look - I try to explain something, to cater for your possible
unfamiliarity, and you jump down my throat. IS that how you would like
your attempts to be helpful treated?
--
Kay