Old 10-06-2004, 10:14 PM
Kay

Default These roots what are they ?

In article , Martin
writes
Hello,
Been digging in a garden about 18" down and found some long pencil thick
roots running horizontally.. I broke one and its orange/yellow in colour.

Anyone have any ideas what these roots could be ?
The only plants/shrubs in the vicinity are about 5 ft away. These are
paeony, lupins,rhododendrons and rhubarb.

Also there is possibly some unseen bindweed in the area,this pops up
elsewhere in the garden during the Summer.

Not bindweed. They are white. The yellow roots that I know are nettles
and mulberry. rom your selection I'd guess it was the rhodos.
--
Kay