Old 10-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Dave

Default Plants causing skin blistering - in UK (not just nettles!)

I now believe the plant is sticky willow, but I haven't been able to find
it's scientific name. (A plant that has seeds that can stick to clothes.)
If someone can tell me its proper name I can do more reading up about it.

Galium aparine, but I don't see it in your photographs. (Whorled
foliage, hairy stems (will also stick to clothes) and small white
flowers.) The 'standard' vernacular name is cleavers. I knew it as
sticky willow as a kid, but I've elsewhere seen it as sticky willy.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately it has all gone for recycling. The
pictures may be nettles, which could be have caused the problems, or just
confusing the issue. However, with nettles I thought you knew immediately if
you were stung. Also the irritation was much worse than a regular nettle,
and the rash came up the next day.

I put the pictures up because they look like miniature nettles, or maybe
they are just small.