Old 10-06-2004, 11:54 PM
Franz Heymann

Default pesticides question

"gary davis" wrote in message
On 6/6/04 1:28 AM, in article ,

"Kay
Easton" wrote:

In article , gary davis
writes

Worried about sprays? And so you should. We all should. Eliminate

the
doubt and support your local certified organic farmer.

That's just our problem! In the UK we don't have that many

certified
organic growers,

Well, it is not surprising that you do not have many organic

growers! It is
very difficult to become an organic grower because they are unable

(by
regulation) to use 'chemicals' that are harmful to the soil. The

rules of
organic farming makes it tough for farmers! They cannot just simply

plant
seeds and watch them grow. They are not allowed to use chemicals

that kill
all vegetation so they must find a way to do that on their

own...suppress
the weeds, eliminate them and still find time to plant. It is a

tough time
for them. But should they have the 'jam' to follow it through it

bodes well
for the future of vitamin rich produce.

Do you have access to experimental results which show that more
vitamins are found in organically grown vegetables than "ordinary"
vegetables? I thought the vitamins were made inside the vegetable.

[snip]

Franz