Old 11-06-2004, 12:09 AM
GaWd

Default Wow, Orchids at Lowes!

These must have been fresh off the truck. They were labelled with
crosses (said crosses compatible with the phenotype, even). No grower
information, although I could probably figure it out if I had to.

Lots of times the deliveries here seem to have the exact cross(if a hybrid),
and lots of times there is also the copywrited name and any AOS info.
Sometimes there isn't and you get the generic "oncidium" stake when it's
really a Colm., or "Phalaenopsis", but most of the time I get good info when
I'm tempted to buy one from one of these stores.

My wife and I had an argument and she ran out to HD to sate my orchid
appetite and make amends. When she came back, she presented me with a
beautiful orchid, but it had no stake! After explaining why the stake was
important, wer went back to HD a day or two later and got a stake off of an
identical orchid. :-]

:shrug: I have a thing for cheap HD orchids.

Sam