Old 11-06-2004, 06:31 AM
Emrys Davies

Default Foliar feeds

Feeding - the best time to fertilize magnolias is in late winter or
earliest spring. Use a 'rose type' fertilizer when feeding them. Be sure
the fertilizer contains magnesium; iron; and sulfur.

Regards,
Emrys Davies

"Neil Jones" wrote in message
On saturday I noticed that some of my raspberry canes were showing

signs
of Magnesium deficiency. On Sunday evening I gave them a foliar feed

of
Epsom salts.

I was amazed to see the leaves greening up by yesterday morning -
probably not even 12 hours after I applied the feed. Do foliar feeds
always work this quickly? If so, what should I apply to my magnolias
which are looking a little chlorotic? Would nettle manure be suitable

as
a foliar feed?

Many thanks

Neil