Old 11-06-2004, 08:53 AM
Pam Moore

Default Rocket bolting early and is very holey.

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004 11:44:11 +0000 (UTC),
(jane) wrote:

On 8 Jun 2004 07:47:11 -0700,
(Davemar)
wrote:

~I've planted some rocket in my allotment, and after it was successful last
~year I was hoping for a bumper crop this year. Unfortunately it has seemed
~to have bolted very early, with hardly any leaves on at all, certainly nothing
~worth picking. The leaves that are there are also riddled with tiny holes.

I think this is linked with the dry/cold/wet/hot weather cycles we're
having, much as the late crops thread I started is.

A similar thing has happened with my spinach, which I know is prone to
bolting. I think it has just been too dry.
A question; have you used the same variety of rocket that you used
last year? Some are more for seed, some for leaf.

Pam in Bristol