Old 11-06-2004, 09:08 AM
Jim White

Default Aerating the lawn.

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"Jim White" writes:
| Maybe against the grain for many members of this group, but I get
| "Greenthumb" to maintain my lawn.
| (It's quite big and used by the public... I have a restaurant and pub.)
| They bring their machine once a year and perform hollow tine aeration

for
| £30.

And, as such, is tax-deductible.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

As is almost everything! :-)
I don't know whether or not Dermuid's lawn is part of his business tho'.
I *do* know that in my garage (in the other corner) are several aerating
tools including flat spiked plates that you strap to your shoes and a couple
of variations on special tools and they're all bl...y hard work!
There are several of these franchised lawn care people around the country,
our local one is greenthumb and they come in, whistle round, take the money
and go. No fuss.