Old 11-06-2004, 09:09 AM
Brian

Default Figs

"BAC" wrote in message

"Brian" wrote in message

snip
---------------------
This is not at all off topic.
Hopefully your fig is under glass[for best results] or if outside, then
South of the Trent.

South of which location on the Trent? I am located North of parts of the
Trent, and am sitting within a couple of hundred yards of an outdoor fig
which has not failed to crop in the last twenty years.
__________________________

There will always be exceptions to generalisations. 'South of the Trent'
and other demarcations have been used historically for the potential success
of many plants. The above is frequently used in texts for figs.
Figs are very difficult to grow,and ripen properly, outdoors even in the
most favoured parts of the South. Exceptions are always nice to discover and
envy.
Off topic:-
Many southeners tend to believe that Bristol is the far North!! Some
even
think Bristol to be SW of Edinburgh~~ I used to think so!!.
Best Wishes Brian.