Old 11-06-2004, 09:35 AM
Franz Heymann

Default Moved Rose - Now poorly, any hope ?

"Martin" wrote in message
Hello,

Dug up a rose bush at the weekend as a peony was smothering it. I

placed
the roots in water and deposited in the garden today, not far from
original position.

I added some bonemeal, multi compost to the dug up soil and

carefully
placed it around the roots etc. and watered.

2 hours later leaves are looking droopy and I realise this is wrong

time
of year to move a rose, but its not an outstanding specimen when

"well"
and had to be moved.

Any ideas on what I should feed it (if anything) and should I water,
water and water ? Also if the leaves all drop off is there any
likelihood that it could perk up later in the year ?

Prune it lightly and drape a large transparent plastic bag over it for
a few weeks to minimise transpiration until its roots can cope with
supplying water to it.

Next time you transplant a plant don't feed it anything at all until
the new roots are established

Franz