Old 11-06-2004, 09:36 AM
Janet Baraclough

Default Sorbus Torminalis (Wild Service Tree)

The message
from "Barbara B" contains these words:

Can anyone tell me where I can get a Wild Service Tree. I have tried all the
local garden centres and drawn a blank. Does anyone know the difference
between torminalis and domestica? These are for my two acre nature reserve
which is only for native trees.

I got one from The Tree Shop, Loch Fyne, Argyll. They do postal sales
and have a website which you can find in google.

Does anyone know the difference
between torminalis and domestica?

S.torminalis is native to Britain and has a leaf very like maple.
S.domestica isn't native here and has a pinnate leaf like ash.

Janet