Old 11-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Dermuid

Default Aerating the lawn.

"Jim White" wrote in message

As is almost everything! :-)
I don't know whether or not Dermuid's lawn is part of his business tho'.
I *do* know that in my garage (in the other corner) are several aerating
tools including flat spiked plates that you strap to your shoes and a

couple
of variations on special tools and they're all bl...y hard work!
There are several of these franchised lawn care people around the country,
our local one is greenthumb and they come in, whistle round, take the

money
and go. No fuss.

It is in a way, I am paid to maintain several lawns and being new to this I
am learning as I go along - its not as easy as it looks to maintain a lawn
in top quality condition, so much for "all you have got to do is mow the
lawns" LOL, cut them too fine and you ruin them, cut them long and they
don't grow so well, tackling weeds, moss, bare and yellow patches, its a
real nightmare but I am getting the hang of it.......at last, I have come up
with a whole range of excuses, poor drainage, badly laid turf, its in a
shaded area, that will be an ecumenical matter.