Old 11-06-2004, 09:39 AM
Cumberpach

Default Rocket bolting early and is very holey.

"jane" wrote in message
On 8 Jun 2004 07:47:11 -0700, (Davemar)
wrote:

~I've planted some rocket in my allotment, and after it was successful

last
~year I was hoping for a bumper crop this year. Unfortunately it has

seemed
~to have bolted very early, with hardly any leaves on at all, certainly

nothing
~worth picking. The leaves that are there are also riddled with tiny

holes.

I think this is linked with the dry/cold/wet/hot weather cycles we're
having, much as the late crops thread I started is.

The holes sound like flea beetle. Mostly round the edge? If they are,
you can cover with fleece, or dust with derris. Watering enough so the
plant gets bigger, faster is also good: works with cabbages at any
rate!

Yep, the flea beetles have have attacked my rocket, icicle radish and
chinese cabbage. I haven't had much luck with the derris but maybe I'll try
your watering suggestion.

Pete