Old 11-06-2004, 09:41 AM
Nick Maclaren

Default Growing root ginger

In article ,
Jaques d'Alltrades writes:
| The message
| from Gregory contains these words:
|
| BTW : I'm now trying to germinate some juniper berry seeds - from
| berries bought from the supermarket spice section, of course !
|
| Don't give them too much heat. Squash the berries and separate the seeds
| from within. Wash them, and sow just in or on ericaceous compost.

Ericaceous compost? For JUNIPER? Please reboot your brain and
see if the problem recurs ....

Yes, it will almost certainly be happy in it, but it will be
equally happy in a 50% limestone/compost mixture. In the UK, it
is found mostly on chalk, but that is because of the drainage.
It doesn't like waterlogging.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.