Old 11-06-2004, 09:44 AM
Jim White

Default Aerating the lawn.

It is in a way, I am paid to maintain several lawns and being new to this

am learning as I go along - its not as easy as it looks to maintain a lawn
in top quality condition, so much for "all you have got to do is mow the
lawns" LOL, cut them too fine and you ruin them, cut them long and they
don't grow so well, tackling weeds, moss, bare and yellow patches, its a
real nightmare but I am getting the hang of it.......at last, I have come

up
with a whole range of excuses, poor drainage, badly laid turf, its in a
shaded area, that will be an ecumenical matter.

Hmmm.Just a thought,
Have you considered taking a franchise from Greenthumb or one of the other
franchising companies?
There were a couple, I seem to recall, in a franchising article in the Daily
Telegraph earlier this or late last week.
I know nothing about it, but got the impression that training in lawn
maintenance etc. was all part of the package.
You would then also be able to buy all the right equipment.

My Greenthumb guy certainly seems to be doing well.

Jim