Old 11-06-2004, 09:45 AM
Spider

Default Is this bush dead ?

Jenny wrote in message
Hi all

Moved into house early last spring. Garden was overgrown so pruned
shrubs bushes etc, All are doing well this year except one bush which
is still all brown - sorry don't know its name but it is established
with quite large leaves which are still on bush . Its abou 4 ft in
height. I've scraped the trunk which seems to have sap in .
I thought that at this time all shrubs/bushes etc. should be green or
is this one something different ?
Any help as to what it might be or have caused it to suddenly die
would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Hello Jenny,
If your shrub is still making sap, I should water it well and just be
patient a bit longer. It may help to give it a half-strength feed of
general fertiliser, as the soil may be exhausted. Some shrubs take a very
long time to green up again once heavily pruned.
Spider