Old 11-06-2004, 09:46 AM
Jane Ransom

Default Hedge Planting Scheme - Are These too Close?

In article , TheScullster pscull@cu
tthespameuropacrown.com writes
In October of last year I planted a mixed hedge comprising the following:
Photinia - red robin
Ceanothus - blue
Lonicera - fragrant bush variety I hope
Viburnum fragrans
Illeagnus
Escallonia

I am now concerned that they will "fight" for space, or more particularly
nutrients.
Is this likely, or will these plants be happy to cohabit?

They may well cohabit but having been planted that close, *you* will not
have the benefit of seeing the foliage to best advantage
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.