Old 11-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Default Deformed flowers

Kerry said:

Hi I am fairly new to having green fingers and seem to have a problem
with my Clematis. At first I thought it was slugs due to holes in he
leaves but now it has bloomed all of the flowers are deformed, it looks
like something has been eating away at them but I don't see how that is
possible when they have been in bud. Can anybody help me ?

Earwigs have been known to nibble on clematis, especially the white flowered
ones. They feed at night and hide during the day.

(attributed to Don Marti)