Old 11-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Sacha

Default Hedge Planting Scheme - Are These too Close?

On 11/6/04 13:45, in article ,
"TheScullster" wrote:

Thanks Jane

As these plants border a public footpath I am looking for a bit more
screening than would normally be associated with some items in this
selection.
They look pretty good already.
I specifically sought out fragrant varieties of Lonicera and Viburnum as I
love getting a waft of these walking by other gardens!
Just hope the nursery hasn't fobbed me off with scent free look-a-likes.

Phil

Do L. purpusii and V.tinus or V. Bodnantense ring a bell with you? If so,
they're fragrant. L. purpusii flowers in winter which is a real bonus. You
could also add Sarcococca which is *very* fragrant in winter but won't get
as tall as the others.

--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk