Old 11-06-2004, 07:06 PM
Charlie Pridham

Default Inner City - Courtyard Gardening - Infestation of Vine Weevil

"Sharon Hughes" wrote in message

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Sharon Hughes" wrote in message
Dear All

I am seeking some advice please. I've done a quick search on this

group
but
cannot immediately identify the FAQs file - any pointers in the right
direction would be much appreciated as I have a feeling that my

questions
will have been covered before.

The FAQ's are at : http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/urgfaqs.htm
I should add that most of them are perhaps a little 'dated'...........

snip

snip

Keep on with the search and destroy mode - you'll at least make a big

dent
in
the population :~)

I would guess that the previous owners were not keen gardeners. My inner

city
garden was a concrete wasteland before I moved in :~) Pictures etc at:
http://members.rott.chello.nl/ldejag...ex.welcome.htm

Good luck and don't give up. Jenny

Inspirational photos! You must be really proud of what you've achieved,
fantastic. I do find this gardening thing pretty contagious - having put
pots out the front of the house last year and again this year I've noticed
more and more neighbours planting up outside the front too, makes such a
difference and makes the area looked a lot more loved. Thanks to all who
replied, much appreciated. I think I might try the nematode approach this
year and hope for the best.
Happy gardening this weekend to all!

Don't know that it helps in the short term but we find one of the main
things that eat vine weevils are toads, they only eat the adults but as
jenny says every little helps! so if you have not already got a pond a small
one may be a good idea :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk