Old 11-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Bevan Price

Default Allium Bulbs

"Green Goblin" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi,
My allium bulbs, which I planted last autumn, have produced a fine
display this spring and have now finished flowering. The question now
is what's the best way of keeping the bulbs for next year?" Do I
remove all the seedheads to promote bulb growth and should the bulbs be
lifted and stored dry until the autumn?
Any thoughts gratefully received!
--
Green Goblin

If they are like some of my Alliums (variety uncertain), you will be well advised to remove the seed heads, or in a few
years self-seeded alliums will try to take over the garden. Mine are quite hardy (Lancashire) and re-appear annually
without attention - other than remove dozens of surplus new plants.

Bevan