Old 11-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Vox Humana

Default Relocated to better neighborhood

"Bill Spohn" wrote in message
Nice. I understand that releasing a raccoon into a new territory is
tantamount to a death sentence.

Good!!

By
your own admission, the problem was created because you put out food

Yes - silly to abet the problem yourself.

I guess I could understand if the raccoon was
destroying your roof or threatening the safety of your family or pets.

The little varmints rip up my pond and garden. While none of the ones I

trap
have 'made it' to new areas, it will be a comfort to my wife (who is more
tenderhearted than yours truly) to know that they would have been badly

used by
the local racoons if I had trapped and released them.....

So I guess this is among your proudest accomplishments and understandably
you had to share it with us.