Old 11-06-2004, 10:08 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Lotus Pot Size

"Heather" wrote in message
snip
Thanks - but what I really meant was how much clay soil should I put into
the pot? Not the depth of the actual plant. I will hardly cover the

tubor
and have a small flat rock for it. But when the plant gets going I know

it
will grow deeper to the bottom of the pot so need to know how many inches

of
clay to give it to spread out in.

That's exactly what I described!!! Lotus tubors do most of their growth
laterelly not down into the pot. If you plant the tubor in 4 inches of mud,
that will be all you need. Most will say the tubor's pot should be in a few
inches of water, but mine have been doing well in 2-4 feet of water.

I also mentioned that the tubor should be near the edge of the pot so the
lotus can grow out and around. Check out,
http://darofamily.com/jeff/files/lotus.jpg for a diagram of what I am
talking about.

I am waiting for Nedra the Goddess of Lotus to step in here.

BV