Old 11-06-2004, 10:10 PM
evolutionman 2004

Default Riding Lawn Tractor

May issue of Consumer Report rated the top 3 riding lawn mowers as: John
Deer L110 #1, Troy-Bilt Bronco #2, and Craftsman DYT 4000 #3. Each are
around the same price (unless Sears runs it on sale), hp and mowing size (42
inch). However, the features on each one are different along with the
placement of levers and gauges. Check out each one (online and in-person)
before buying. Personally, I looked at all 3 and ended up with the Sears
Craftsman 4000 automatic version -- DYT 4000 -- (electric mower clutch vs.
mechanical and high-back seat -- very important when bouncing over the yard
and going uphill) to mow my 1-acre yard. I also liked the tire size and
ergonomic lever placement over the other two. Again, most of the
preferences are personal. Good luck.