Old 12-06-2004, 01:05 AM
RichToyBox

Default Beginners question. How much is too much (food)?

For a new pond and new ponder, daily tests are good, and as you get the feel
for how the pond and filter is performing, then you can back off the tests.
When the pond starts up in the spring, it needs constant monitoring to know
how much to feed the fish, because they are feeding a filter that isn't
ready to eat. If you significantly change the feeding keep an eye on the
numbers. I routinely check my ponds about every 3 days during the summer
and every week during the winter.
--
RichToyBox
"Tim Downie" wrote in message

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

Just keep checking your numbers if you are concerned. It is the ONLY way

answer this question accurately.

Cheers. Will do. Roughly how often (with a 2 month old pond) should I be
checking the water?

Tim