Old 12-06-2004, 01:05 PM
Galaxy

Default Any recommendations on indoor flowers with lots of scent yet easy to grow?

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 08:41:09 GMT, Frogleg wrote:

On 12 Jun 2004 00:35:18 GMT, pamfree (Zemedelec)
wrote:

Sambac ("Arabian Jasmine"might be worth a try--I have Grand Duke of Tuscany and
it produces like mad. They look like littlle fat white roses, doubled and
tripled, and smell divine--like gardenia splashed with citrus.

People grow gardenias indoors, 'though I don't know if they're useful
as dried sachet ingredients. My own gardenia bush is in bloom now. So
vexing -- 8' bush with flowers all over it, but just for 2 weeks or
so. If only it could put them out 2 at a time all summer -- now *that*
would be a Gardenia!

Interesting. A tad big for my apt, but will definitely keep in mind
when (if?) I ever get anything bigger than this bachelor (well, the
way rents are going ... g).