Old 12-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Beecrofter

Default Box elder bugs and hostas

(Lynn) wrote in message . com...
We have what I believe are box elder bugs swarming around our house.
We have 5 trees in the backyard that I believe are box elders or
sliver maples. The bugs are not in the house (as far as I have seen)
and are only bothering me are they are swarming in mass on my hostas
and blueberry bushes!

Is this normal? There are holes in the leaves of the plants now and I
am worried they will die. I am pretty sure they are box elder bugs as
they look like the pictures I have seen on the web. There are also
smaller ones (babies) that are more red.

Anyway to control them?

Thanks so much,

Lynn

Boxelder bugs cause little damage to trees but they can cause fruit to distort.
Odds are they fed on the maples.