Old 12-06-2004, 07:10 PM
Pam Moore

Default soap spray

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 13:16:30 +0100, "denis glover"
wrote:

I've only recently started subscribing to this newsgroup so forgive me
if this has been answered before.I've noticed reference to soap spray for
aphids. Can you tell me what strength it should be, what can it be used
against and what can it be used on (Veg and plants)

I noticed on GW last evening that Monty Don used an Organic spray
which he said was based on rape seed oil. I have a bottle with a
similar label and all I could find on the label was "based on natural
fatty acids".
Bob Flowerdew once said on GQT that you should not use detergent based
washing up liquid. Pippa Greenwood said that as a child she used to
mix up Lux flakes for her father. I cannot find Lux in the
supermarkets now. I bought a bar of green Fairy soap with the
intention of grating some into water and using that as a spray. I
haven't tried it yet.

Pam in Bristol