Old 12-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Cereus-validus

Default Invasive IDs

Yep, you have weeds. Welcome to the club.

It is difficult to ID the plants without flowers.

The purple Violets are an especially difficult group to ID, even with
flowers.

"Red '57" wrote in message
Well it's that time of year and all my favorite "plants" have
reappeared in my yard. I live just north of Atlanta ( 7b ) and would
like to ask for some assistance from the group.

I have a particularly nasty form of violet that followed me home after
I got a plant from a friend. It is a violet, often called culvert
kudzu and I would like to eradicate it. It does not respond well to
Roundup and I really don't like to use that much of it. If it is dug
up and any is left in the ground , it spreads faster.

Here are two examples:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...51874743dzCewd
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...51874919SQKRSe

Here is another plant that is not too bad, but is spreads very fast. I
had never seen it until last year and that was 100 yards away from my
house. Seems to be a shade lover.

Here are two examples:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...51874461piEaui
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...51874579svJatb