Old 12-06-2004, 09:04 PM
martyhab

Default [IBC] Do you work Up or down a tree?

This could lead to a verry interesting thread. I'm on your side ... in most
cases, Billy. Here's my reasoning. I choose my #1 branch based upon its
relationship to the nebari. (I don't want a beautiful #1 if it conflicts
with the position of the surface roots.) Since branches are thickest at the
bottom and thinnest at the top, it is much easier to change the position of
the higher ones than the lower ones. We can make the small branches conform
to the design of the lower ones.
My one exception to the rule is with a subject which is so thickly branched
or foliated that I can't see "inside" the tree. In this case, I would have
to do some preliminary pruning before going down to #1.
Marty