Old 13-06-2004, 06:03 AM
CJ

Default Riding Lawn Tractor

At $1700 a good machine is the Husqvarna LTH2042. This is the tractor I
bought this year after much shopping. Powered by a 20hp Kohler direct lube,
cast front axle, big fat rear tires. I think It's a fantastic tractor.
I've been hauling heaping cartfuls of firewood around with no power
problems. Mower deck can take a beating as well.
I would strongly advise that whatever you get you go to a local equipment
shop. Sears cannot provide the personal service or technical know-how and
many times cannot easily provide parts. Your local small-engine outfit will
keep your machine running long with none of the hassle of Sears. My shop
will pick up and deliver equipment around town for free with a 15 dollar
minimum charge. This would probably be very helpful for someone disabled.
You probably have a Deere, Husqy, Airens, etc. dealer nearby that can
provide you with the same quality service. Believe me, the extra hundred or
two you might spend at a Mom-and-Pop will more than pay for itself.
cj

"Dave R" wrote in message
I am new to this group so I don't know if this subject has been covered. I
would like some opinions on which riding lawn mowers are best for around
$1500. We've been looking on the net at Sears and Lowes and I'm kinda of
going towards Sears. We live in the east and our yard is only about 1/2
acre. I'm disabled so the old push mower must go. Any information would be
helpful. Thanks.