Old 13-06-2004, 10:03 AM
Pete

Default Organic does not mean pesticide free...

"len gardener" wrote in message
Snippings

i always say to bev if we don't make it with
perma-c here i might turn itn into a nudist colony

Len meet David ... David meet Len ....

Ok I snipped the "for ladies bit" :-) cos David is looking for somewhere to
sunworship.

right now we are back on the market still fine tuning realtionship
problems but we will be going this time,

So ... as soon as I come back on the group you decide to move house so I
can't find ya eh?
Are you looking for somewhere with land again Len or are you thinking of
becoming a city kid again?

but i was planning on more
garden beds so i could devote 1 bed to each type of onion thingy and
maybe2 or 3 beds for garlic, as it is nigh on impossible to get local
grown garlic anymore up here that chinese bleached white imported
stuff ahs flooded the market. thsi will dry up reserves of plantable
corms for people like us and make buying this stuff fresh for use is
going to get expensive could be a bit of a money spinner in years to
come.

I agree about the garlic though we still get a fair bit of locally grown
stuff in our nearest greengrocers ... I'm hoping to get a reasonably sized
shadehouse finished this year and produce some seedlings and maybe seed for
sale. I saw in a garden/hardware shop recently...a punnett of half a dozen
cabbage plants for $5.00 !!! thats unbelievable, they were the most
unhealthy looking plants too.

Good luck with the sale and move when it happens mate.

Pete