Old 13-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Franz Heymann

Default pesticides question

"gary davis" wrote in message
On 6/10/04 8:11 AM, in article

,
"martin" wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 02:47:47 GMT, gary davis

wrote:

On 6/8/04 11:05 PM, in article ,

"Franz
Heymann" wrote:

"Nick Apostolakis" wrote in message
Nick Apostolakis wrote:

i do not know any water analysis test about pesticide traces

in
water
but that is relevant with the type of the aquifer anyway so it

may
or
may not be very important.

by the way i saw just today a water analysis for an area near

my
own.
guess what. they found all the mainstream pollutants nitrates,

Ar,
pesticide traces and all the good stuff.

Please quote the concentrations found and compare them with the
legally limiting concentrations.

Franz, I quote from your message above..."legally limiting
concentrations"???? So, just poison our water a little bit and

that is OK?

The legal limit is set at a level that is not a poison.

That is what you are saying.
Certified organic farmers want zero, I repeat zero,

contamination of the
water.

Unless they intend to use distilled water that is impossible.

That is why they will not/ do not use chemicals harmful to the
environment.

All water has chemicals in it naturally, some harmful to people

some
not.

You say you are 80 years old, if you are, do you not remember

drinking
water from a stream. Would you not like to do that again? That is

what
certified organic farmers are striving to achieve.

perhaps these farmers should stop using copper sulphate mixed with
lime as a pesticide?

In other words, I suggest to use no chemicals. Period! Well,

except for
salt on your hard boiled eggs...

Eliminating chemicals is the aim of the Henry Doubleday Soil

Research
Association, but not that of organic farmers, organic farmers use
authorised chemicals.

See "Pesticides in organic farming"
http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/pn58/pn58p6.htm

as i say above everything depends from the aquifer type. if it

is
under
pressure you may get away with it. if it is an open aquifer

then you
have a problem.

The water you dream of doesn't exist anywhere in Western Europe.
I recall that after Chernobyl Greek farmers were obliged to

plough
their tomato crops into the ground, because the tomatoes were

heavily
contaminated with radioactive fall out. I guess that the chemicals
with a long half life are still their.

Franz you can read the words but you're missing the music.... Some

people
don't want to hear 'the music' for different reasons. As for me, I

do what I
believe is the right thing. You do also, I presume...carry on "Ol'

timer"!
Gary

It is not clear to me what I said where and when which elicited that
response from you.
How about having a recount of the attribution marks, and then replying
to the correct person?

Franz