Old 13-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Sarah Dale

Default Getting Chillies to flower and fruit?

Hi All,

Hope you can help. I've got 3 chilli plants that are 1 yr old because I
overwintered them. They didn't fruit last year - they were late
germinating, and then got starved towards the end of the summer. I've had
ONE chilli from them this year (scotch bonnet BTW).

I've recently repotted them into fresh compost and larger pots. What can I
do to pursuade them to flower? They are presently in the conservatory (I
don't have a greenhouse) which is S. facing and gets very hot (I do shade
it). They could go out on to the S. facing patio.

I would like a crop from these plants! The bell peppers which have been in
exactly the same situation have had far more flowers and a crop of sorts.

TIA,

Sarah