Old 13-06-2004, 08:02 PM
Bob S.

Default Invasive IDs

"JMagerl" wrote in message ...
I too find that 2,4,D is good for killing wild violets with a few
disclaimers:
1) Timing is everything in trying to get rid of violets. Spring is best.
Fall is second best. Don't waste your chemicals in the summer.
2) 2 doses may be needed.
3) Weed-b-gon has slowly reduced the amount of 2,4,D in it. LAst time I
looked it no longer said it killed violets. There are several other products
with higher 2,4,D levels and work better at killing violets (spectricide,
Trimec come to mind). Look for a 2,4,D level in the 5 to 7% region.
4) you might try something with triclopar in it (I may have spelled that
wrong). A.K.A. Brush-b-gon

Right. Or if you plan on using a lot of it, you can get the
agricultural strength which is around 45%. I believe one product is
called Remedy, comes by the gallon, and costs in the neighborhood of
$150. Seems like a lot of money, but figured by gallon of mixed
solution is a much better buy.

Bob S.